When you go to a foreign country to spend your vacation moments away from your home, it is often common to have your packages sent and received in the country of destination to and from your loved ones. However, it is not often easy to send and receive packages internationally as it can sound o most. Sometimes, some of the things you send are sent to you can take forever to reach your end due to customs. However, that is just how it goes concerning international packages.
Things to Remember
The most frequent problem faced by people, especially those that receive packages from back home through various countries customs are often subject to certain fees. Many governments have a special tax allocated o anything that is seen as valuable. For this reason, they can also decide to inspect and open that package. Even if that package was sent by a private carrier company or an express company, the package will pass through the government customs and get the judgment before it is released to the receiver. it
Whenever you are waiting for anything valuable in a parcel to arrive, there are many chances that you will get a notification letter that will inform you about the date you expect the item to arrive. In this case, the letter often comes with a bill that needs to be cleared before the item is shipped to you. As you can see from the statements above, these unexpected taxes and fees can add up to the total cost of sending a parcel overseas. You can try to read the full info here to avoid some of these extra charges.
• Parcels that are marked as gifts often have a minimized value for taxes when they arrive in the customs
- Try checking the product online before you decide to purchase it in your original country. In this case, you can send them the money or buy it for them online in their respective destination countries. This action will cut the costs significantly as well as eliminating the hassle associated with sending the parcels overseas.
- When indicating the actual value of the parcel to be sent, always make it lower than it is. However, you can do this within a reasonable range.
- If the package you are sending is insured, he item will be held at the customs to accrue some taxes because it is deemed as a valuable good or item.
- When marking the items to be sold, be sure that they are marked as items that cannot attract attention. You can call them old personal items or toiletries.
- Before sending the items, remove all the plastic packaging and price tags just in case the customs decide to open your goods as it is their obligation under the international law.
- For express shipments, you can prefer the use of UPS to FedEx. This is because Ups operates in many countries than FedEx that has local functionality.
- Avoid sending vitamins because the customs always stop them for taxation.
In the end, it is less expensive o send one big box than sending several small boxes at the same time.